What is Data Protection?
The General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) were introduced across Europe in May 2018 and the Irish Data Protection Act was updated (now referred to as the Data Protection Acts 1988 to 2018). GDPR is concerned with the protection of personal privacy and places significant obligations on those processing personal data.
All organizations holding and using (processing) personal data have a responsibility to comply with the six principles of GPDR; these state that you must:-
• Obtain and process information fairly
• Keep it only for one or more specified, explicit and lawful purposes and use and disclose it only in ways compatible with these purposes
• Keep it safe and secure
• Keep it accurate, complete and up-to-date
• Ensure that it is adequate, relevant and not excessive
• Retain it for no longer than is necessary for the purpose
All organizations processing personal data must comply with the requirements
of GDPR. For more information about
the Regulations and our services, please contact us.
Further information is available at www.dataprotection.ie
11 Patrick Street